Thursday, December 29, 2011

Tree Huggers Hamper


Aside from the fact that I can't spell, it turned out perfectly. I love how big it is (it comes to my waist) and I added two wheels on the left side so that I can move it with ease. For all of the supplies I spent $40, which might sound like a lot, but for a hamper this size and quality, it's actually really cheap! I'm sure someone who is EVEN MORE frugal than I am could do better, though!


The color I chose is Martha Stewart's Duck Egg with a white-wash finish. My husband suggested I make a hamper instead of buying the $120 one I wanted... But he wasn't exactly thrilled that I turned it into such an extensive art project. Apparently my problem is that I like things to look "pretty". At least the worst criticism I get from him is that I have good taste! Even if my good taste is a bit expensive. I don't know what else he expected though, after two years of marriage you think he'd know better:) I always go overboard on my projects. I love making beautiful things, and I'm incapable of breaking that creative cycle. It's just in me, and it's in me for good.


Now. I'm one step closer to having a coordinating home! That is the best news of all!


No comments:

Post a Comment