I got mine printed at Staples. The original image is HUGE, so you could get it printed on poster board if you wanted to, and make a massive version. I used a hot glue gun to assemble it. Also, there is purposefully a hole in the bottom, to make it easier to string the balloons through the roof. You can easily cover it up if you don't like the way it looks by tracing around the bottom of the house once it's finished:) ALSO, I RECOMMEND WAITING TO GLUE THE BOTTOM FLAPS TOGETHER TILL VERY LAST! (Otherwise, you're going to have one heck of a time putting the roof on. Just sayin').
If you're wondering how heavy it was... Around 1 1/2 oz. And if you're wondering how many balloons it takes to lift 1 1/2 oz... It takes about 9, 11-inch balloons filled with helium. We used ten, and it soared even with a bit of extra weight on it! So be careful, cuz one little slip and your cute little UP house could be on it's way to Paradise Falls!
I received an inquiry about the A pieces connecting to house section #3. There are two crease marks missing, that will make ALL the difference in fitting them together:
First off, there needs to be two bends on this piece. Straight across from where the blue siding ends on each side. (I purposefully did NOT make a crease line, because I didn't like the look of a black line through the fish scale siding, but it's kind of a necessary step!) And another bend on the top line of the white siding.
The second error I made is this: there should be a crease line like so: (I penciled it in).
Then bend it under.
And this is how they fit together:
Hope that helps!
Hi there! I finally got to putting another little house together, and found that uhhhh yeah... #7 is a piece of work! I have no idea how I ever got it to work the first time around, but I'll show you what I did to fix it, and have updated the printable version as well.
First: I snipped the whole thing in half, like so. And then made a little slice on the bottom left piece (if you look closely you can see it).
Then I slid it right into place.
The other piece I glued to the inside, just on the scalloped edge along the bottom so it leaves room to slide the roof between the siding and the #7 roof pieces. It should look something like this:
And then all you have to do is put the roof on, it's not perfect (nothing about this little house IS perfect, I'm not a professional-anything, but it's still cute all the same!)
I hope that clears things up, and I'm SO sorry for the confusion/frustration. That really did not work the way it was supposed to:)
REMEMBER TO USE THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD FULL-RESOLUTION IMAGES!